Proactive Counsel to Limit Your
Workers’ Compensation Exposure
At the law firm of Walsh and Hacker, litigation and risk management is an important part of our workers’ compensation practice. We recognize that clients need to know their potential exposure when an employee is claiming a long-term or permanent disability.
Our attorneys have practiced extensively in workers’ compensation defense since 1967. We serve employers and their insurance carriers or third-party administrators in the Albany area, Upstate New York and the Hudson Valley. Contact us at (518) 463-1269 or toll free (866) 240-3041 to discuss our litigation and risk management services.
Comprehensive Counsel and Representation
Workers’ compensation is a complex and technical area of the law. Our focused knowledge enables us to advise on when to litigate, when to negotiate and when to simply pay the claim. Our litigation and risk management services cover every aspect of mandated work injury insurance:
- File or claims review – we can evaluate a single case or identify defense opportunities in multiple claims.
- General legal opinions on trends, legislation or a particular issue
- Opinions on the admissibility of medical testimony, private investigations and other expert testimony
- Advice on documenting and investigating claims to make employees prove their case
- Preparing clients and witnesses for a hearing
- Settlement conferences to negotiate claims and gauge the potential exposure in litigation
- Cost estimates of litigating a claim
- Evaluating patterns in work injuries to help clients address unsafe conditions or problematic policies to prevent big payouts in the future
If our risk management assessment concludes that litigation is the best recourse, we make every effort to control client costs. For example, we may ask the court to rule on a specific issue rather than litigating the entire claim. We will also advise settlements mid-stream when it is in our client’s best interest.
At Walsh and Hacker, all 10 of our lawyers practice in workers’ compensation law, and together we bring many decades of experience to your unique circumstances. Contact our Albany office to arrange a consultation about our litigation and risk management services.
The Albany, New York workers’ compensation defense firm of Walsh and Hacker represents employers and third-party administrators in the Capital District, Upstate and the Hudson Valley, including Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Greene, Columbia, Albany, Saratoga, Westchester, Rockland and Warren Counties. We handle hearings in Plattsburgh, Saranac Lake, Utica, Albany (Menands), Hudson, Norwich, Poughkeepsie, and New Windsor (Newburgh). Call us about representation in other districts of New York